Leadership involves movement. It is consciously taking people from one point, level, stage, or/and paradigm to another. Leadership first happens within before manifesting in the outside world. It is about INFLUENCE.
Therefore, you need to lead self first, before leading others.
The most difficult person to lead is yourself. To become a successful leader, and to be able to lead yourself effectively and productively well, you must overcome self first; before leading others.
In order to become a good and influential leader, you must learn to focus on the things you can control internally. Giving attention to the things you can control such as your emotions, your thoughts etc… helps you become more aware and secure.
You place yourself in a serious dilemma when you focus your energy and attention on things you cannot control.
You don’t need a front position to take a front decision. Therefore, you don’t need a position or a title to lead.
- To add growth in your organization you must raise followers.
- To multiply growth in your organization you must raise leaders
What Makes a Leader?
- A leader must have character and integrity
- A leader must have vision, that is the ability to see far. The ability to see the end from the very beginning, is a vital characteristic of leader.
- A leader must have a sense of divine timing; therefore knowing the exact time WHEN certain strategic actions should be taken.
- A leader must have commitments: note, there is a difference between commitment and involvement. A true leader must be committed to his cause, and not just “involved” in it.
- A leader must have the ability to listen; good listening skill is a necessary skill every leader should imbibe, for easy understanding and rapport with his followers and other leaders.
- A leader must be a good observer; a true leader shouldn’t be told EVERYTHING. He should be able to think for himself, and intelligently know what’s happening within his sphere of influence. He must be a good observer.
- A leader must be one that have the ability to initiate change; what is leadership if the force of change isn’t inclusive? A leader must be able to command positive change in the lives of others by influencing their thought patterns and mindset.
Thoughts on Leadership
Leadership focuses on solving problems. “Problem solving” should be the watch word for all leaders.
Leadership development focuses on making people become problems solvers.
Leadership is about knowing and showing the way. It takes knowledge to show another, how a thing is done. Leadership requires you to KNOW, then SHOW. Therefore, leadership development, is about helping others to know the right way and path to follow if their goals and aims must be achieved.
LEADERSHIP & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT.
• Leadership influences followers
• Leaders know that growing people is their greatest responsibility
- Leadership development influences leaders.
- Leadership development is all about the number of people following your followers. This is determined by the range in which you’ve grown your influence.
- Leadership development is the ability and willingness to recognize, recruit, refine, and reproduce the talent, skills and potential of one’s followers.
How to Attract Things as a Leader
The journey from rags to riches begins from the renewal of the mind. Influence isn’t given, it is built, gradually, its a process. Therefore take your dreams and aspirations bit by bit.
Life is like a giant mirror, whatever it finds in your mind is what it will reflect in your life physically. With just a small shift in your mind as a leader it will make a big shift in your life physically.
A very powerful way and key to living a transformed life as a leader who wants to make great exploit is to THINK LIKE A GOD.
Our thoughts are things, because we can’t see them doesn’t make them invaluable or irrelevant to the physical things we see.
As a leader you must learn to value your thoughts. You must learn to think like a god. Because you were created in His image and likeness.